Global Reach Consulting LLC
Near Reston, VA
Created 1mo ago
We are looking for a Front End Engineer in Reston, VA. In this position, you will be responsible for helping us build reporting and analytical frontends using browser-based UI technologies.
What you’ll do…
- You’ll contribute to the design and development of cutting edge web user interfaces and data visualizations
You’d be a great fit if…
- You have 5+ years of experience in web-based user-interface design and development.
- Have experience building large-scale, reactive web UI frontends:
- UI design using HTML5, CSS, etc.
- Finding and integrating custom components in a chosen framework as well as building one from scratch when needed.
- Defining API needs for the client.
- Troubleshooting web applications
- Using debug tools such as chrome developer tools
- Finding fixing bugs, cross browser issues, performance issues
- Use of message-bus architectures and message queue implementations in a web UI. ( http2, websockets, wamp, websockets, server sent events, stomp)
- You are comfortable working with:
- Linux and MacOS operating systems
- A ticket system such as Jira
- A team documentation system such as Confluence
- Source control (git), collaboration tools.
- You are able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
It would be even better if you…
- Have an interest and/or experience in data visualization
- Have experience using the D3 visualization framework
- Have experience working with Open Street Maps (Raster/Vector Tile Servers)
- Have experience working with client side mapping frameworks (Leaflet, mapbox, etc)
- Have experience working with WebGL, Canvas or SVG
- Have experience with container (e.g. Docker) build and deployment
- Can List examples of open-source work (e.g. github accounts)
- Have experience developing for mobile platforms (native or web-based applications)
- Demonstrate strong communication skills