Near Washington, DC
Created 1mo ago
U.S. News & World Report is seeking an associate project manager in the Technology team to oversee major projects from the planning stage through implementation, testing, and publishing with the goal of delivering projects on time for this internationally trusted brand.
USNews.com is a highly visible web site that features both news analysis and comprehensive data ranking products. Our infrastructure and software stacks are based on open source components.
The Associate Project Manager will work with Product, Design, Development/DevOps, and QA teams to ensure flawless execution of projects, and deliver products on-time and within scope.
This is a full-time position, with benefits, located at U.S. News’s Georgetown, Washington, D.C. office.
- Function as a Scrum Master to coordinate project work with Product, Design, Development, QA, and DevOps teams.
- Schedule and run Agile project life cycle meetings, including daily scrums, backlog refinement, and sprint planning meetings.
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress, and keep project schedules updated.
- Manage changes to project scope and negotiate the tradeoff of new features vs. deadlines.
- Schedule and run requirement gathering and status meetings as needed.
- Use Jira and Confluence to organize, document, and manage project work.
- Ensure project backlogs are appropriately scoped and requirements are clear before beginning work.
- Coordinate product launches and ensure on-time delivery within scope.
- Report and escalate to management when projects are off track or being blocked.
- Help ensure consistent project management process and culture across U.S. News product verticals.
- 1+ years of experience as a project manager or scrum master related to technology sector.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written, verbal and internal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Hands on experience with Agile methodologies, such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Familiarity with software/issue tracking tools such as Jira.
- Technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software or web development is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision, and 401(k) plan.