The UI Web Developer shall work with development teams and stakeholders to improve the usability and effectiveness of OBO applications, websites and reporting tools - specifically through development and refinement of Graphic User Interfaces (GUI).This developer will be responsible for the execution of usability analysis and GUI design as well as development and maintenance of user interface style guides, graphics, and design patterns incorporating user experience and human factors best practices.
Major Duties Responsibilities:
- Designs and develops user interface features, site animation, and special effects elements.
- Contributes to the software development team’s efforts to enhance the appeal of the organization’s applications and web sites.
- Designs the applications and websites to support the organization’s strategies and goals.
- Must be a US citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance
- Solid UI/Web Dev experience and strong HTML/CSS. Javacript and Sharepoint experience needed (SharePoint Online exp preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in HCI or Information Technology or related field or equivalent work experience directly within technical area
- Must possess solid experiences in web design and production
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong customer service skills, keen attention to detail, flexibility in adapting to changing environment, timely follow-through, and a commitment to learning new skills are required.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills and the willingness to be proactive and take initiative are required.
- The ability to build and use effective working relationships and to work independently as an effective team player are required.
- Proficiency in GUI prototyping and wireframe tools including Adobe Design Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) balsamiq, Microsoft Expression Blend, Microsoft PowerPoint or Microsoft Visio.
- Proficiency in GUI design and software development tools including InfoPath, SharePoint Design, Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experience delivering project deliverable working with multiple cross functional teams to accomplish shared goals
- This is a 6 month+ Contract position to start on-site in Arlington, VA
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Intevity is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.