Near Philadelphia, PA
Created 1mo ago
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for contributing in project teams, troubleshooting operational issues, providing technical solutions to operational problems, new product implementation, implementing existing products and services, and the overall upkeep and maintenance of designated areas of engineering. Acts in compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies, and procedures. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair all but the most complex issues.
- Performs maintenance activities with a minimum of supervision and guidance. Leads technical outage bridges and engages appropriate resources to drive issues to closure.
- Acts as an advocate for Engineering Operations procedures, policies, and processes. Ensures projects and initiatives are adhering to Company standards.
- Tracks and reports operational workflows; maintains records of results and feedback. Analyzes data and metrics, identifies problem areas, and provides actionable insight.
- Acts as a technical resource in projects and initiatives and ensures successful project implementation.
- Contributes to design considerations for new products or architectural changes to existing products.
- Analyses problems in design, configuration, data flow, and data state within a highly complex multi-product provisioning system.
- Performs routine maintenance tests for designated areas of engineering and ensures all maintenance is properly validated to minimize impact.
- Provides training and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Attains industry standard certifications and education.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA, JNCIP preferred
- This is an overnight position (9:00 pm-7:30 am)
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer