Near Herndon, VA
Created 1mo ago
Ntrepid Corporation is seeking a bright, passionate Software Engineer to push our Mapper platform to the next level of performance, stability, and scale. We are looking for someone who has a solid and successful background with enterprise level software development using an Agile methodology. A proven track record of designing, developing, and maintaining mission-critical systems and products is a must.
- Design, develop, and test unique and innovative software solutions with an emphasis on test driven development.
- Follow established software development standards and best practices.
- Provide effective documentation of requirements, design, architecture, and API.
- Participate in requirements, design, and code reviews.
- Work with QA engineers to ensure product meets high quality standards.
- Deliver code through a CI/CD pipeline to production/pre-production environments.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent (can be waived for corresponding experience) with 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience working in a mixed Linux and Windows environment in an enterprise production setting.
- Experience going through the full software lifecycle development process using agile methodologies and practices with source control (e.g. git) and issue tracking software (e.g. Jira).
- Extensive experience designing and developing full-stack web applications using Java with Spring Framework.
- Experience designing and developing backend services using Java ORM Frameworks like Hibernate
- Experience implementing token-based authentication using specifications like JWT or OAuth2
- Experience creating and running load tests and analyzing the results to improve performance.
- Extensive experience writing and optimizing database schema in a variety of mainstream database technologies like MySQL/MariaDB and Postgresql
- Experience with virtualization software (e.g. VMware vSphere, OpenStack).
- Experience with containerization using Docker and container orchestration (Docker Swarm, Rancher, Kubernetes)
- Experience performing Linux-based networking configuration using OS-level tools (e.g. iproute2, nftables, iptables)