Amida Technology Solutions is a DC-based technology company focused on solutions for data interoperability, data utility, and data security. We create open-source solutions that collect, reconcile, transform, and standardize data for business intelligence, predictive analytics, decision support, and user transactions. We specialize in taking data from inception to impact.
Our team is comprised of creative, forward thinkers who are passionate about using cutting edge technology to make a difference in people's lives and have a positive impact on our country. We offer an entrepreneurial, high growth environment that values fresh ideas, candid conversations, and authentic teamwork.
Amida is seeking a passionate Director of Engineering. Someone who loves building innovative solutions for clients who understand engineers because you are one and have grown into a strong leader as well. You will be leading a team of very capable software engineers.
Our technology stack includes, but isn't limited to: AWS, Docker, NodeJS, React, Python, Java, Postgres. Our team culture can be described as creative, problem solving, and thinking past the limits. We're engineering driven from the top down and will do what it takes to deliver the best service to our clients.
What you will be doing:
- Manage and lead the day to day operations of the teams
- Manage the entire development to follow best practices to agile development
- Interface directly with all other departments within the organization on both tactical and strategic initiatives
- Work closely with the project management team and the CTO and Chief Architect to help define the roadmap
- Prioritize and allocate tasks, institute modern processes, and manage all tools including Jira, CI, Github, etc.
- Train developers on best practices, lending experience, and skills to the process
- Oversee and promote our continuous learning process including weekly tech tips and tech talks, book orders, quarterly internal workshops, and annual conferences
- Inspire, grow and mentor an awesome engineering team
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience building and managing a highly functioning team across a versatile technology stack.
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer
- BS in Computer Science or another applicable field
- Comprehensive knowledge of web application, cloud technologies, and modern distributed architectures
- Believe in automated testing, continuous integration is not new to you
- Experience managing a distributed team as one cohesive unit
- Know how to motivate and manage very technical talent to get the most out of them
- Know how to balance the competing needs of the business and technology, while able to deliver an excellent solution
- Can institute processes based on the team needs to be inspired by agile, lean, scrum, and even waterfall
- Has worked with UI/UX teams and Data Analyst and knows how to integrate them into the development process
- You enjoy people management as technical leadership
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills