Fraym is a geospatial data company that uses proprietary machine learning algorithms to deliver precise, local-level information about people in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. The company helps fast-growing companies, government agencies, and development organizations succeed in places where data has been traditionally hard to access. Fraym’s granular data adds an entirely new dimension to strategic and operational planning discussions, and answers questions like, ‘where are my target populations?’, and ‘what services are they interested in?’.
We are seeking a data engineer to build systems to support the rapid growth of our business. You should have a strong background integrating large, messy data sets. As a data engineer at Fraym you will build an infrastructure that takes into account a wide variety of data. You will create new architecture to manage, process and distribute big and small data. Your work will enable data scientists and analysts to work smarter and faster as we support decisions in emerging markets across private and public sectors.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and maintain ETL pipelines to combine and abstract data from a wide variety of sources and structures
- Work with the data science team to design and implement data delivery systems that feed into Fraym's analytical and software products
- Create scalable workflow that delivers data with minimum error and in a timely manner
- Apply testing and validation techniques to ensure data processes and pipelines are working properly
- Document and train others on data pipeline
- Serve as a technical resource in resolving issues related to data pipelines: 1)Write documentation to ensure reproducibility 2)Automate manual processes
You will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field with strong computer science background
- At least 2 years of data management experience, particularly for use in data science (level contingent on work experience)
- Demonstrated experience working with data and databases
- Experience using SQL, Python, R or other query and scripting languages to aggregate and transform data
What would be awesome to have:
- Experience working with spatial data
- Contextual knowledge of emerging markets and data sparse environments or international work interest
- Familiarity or experience with AWS (or other cloud) resources
Fraym offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a full benefit package,dedication to professional development, and a flexible work environment.We would love to hear from you. Please apply with a resume, cover letter, and sample work product.
Fraym recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, religion,gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, family status, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.