Resp & Qualifications
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the general direction of the FEP System Manager the incumbent's accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Leads a mix team of software engineers in the design, development, and implementation of multiple applications. Performs and leads the detail technical design, coding, code review and testing on new applications and enhancements of existing applications. Assists manager in all development activities, Supports other administrative and team building tasks when it needs.
2. Supports the architecture design. Assists in planning of resource/time allocations for current and projected development needs. Provides assistance in diagnosing production problems. Plays a key role on the new technology evaluation and technical prototypes.
3. Estimates the technical costs of projects for clients and project managers, confers with clients to identify requirements (e.g., data, information needs, processing, specific output, functional and development of test data), and determines their desired outcomes in order to formulate the design of the system and/or offer alternative solutions in a timely manner.
4. Provides project management regarding all technical aspects of implemented projects which includes: keeping in line with established budgets and timeframes, training end users on the operational procedures of the system, and providing technical guidance to less experienced staff during implementation. Analyzes, designs, and documents information to create the applicable statement of work and the associated deliverables.
5. Proactively analyzes and reviews emerging technologies, changes in the Insurance/Healthcare industry and the business functions of various clients, in order to determine if the advanced applications fit the needs of changing strategies, goals and objectives (develops and maintains technical knowledge through training, classes)
6. Mentors new or junior staff members on business knowledge, system peculiarities, and complex technical issues.
This position is also subject to being "on call" for emergency situations requiring immediate resolution. Travel between all CareFirst locations may be required.
This position is subject to a level 6C security requirement.
Required: This position requires a BA/BS in computer science or equivalent experience and 8+ years of industry experience developing in object-oriented in object-oriented programming language. Specific requirements include, but not limited to:
Department: NextGen Claims Product Development
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 7/24/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship