Near Chicago, IL
Created 4w ago
What is a QA Engineer?
We are looking for an experienced QA Engineer that will work closely with the Data Engineering, Product and Business Intelligence teams on delivery of analytical services and solutions while collaborating across Clearcover departments to deeply understand our data requirements to ensure they are being built with the highest quality.
To be successful in this role you will need to have amazing SQL skills, experience scrutinizing the integrity of complex data sets, and have demonstrated an ability to be a self-starter who thrives on having an understanding and appreciation for data quality that fuels analytics.
What will you do?
- Collaborate closely with the Product and Engineering teams to understand our source data models
- Analyze analytic models and their associated data lineage to validate results that are consumed throughout the company through various interfaces
- Bolster and improve existing test suites to increase deployment confidence and speed
- Plan and implement testing strategies for new and existing features
- Analyze bugs to determine how to improve our development process
What do you need?
- Experience planning, organizing and implementing testing strategies
- Strong SQL query skills
- Experience testing applications sourcing data from the Clearcover data warehouse
- Experience testing reporting and/or analytical applications
- Experience with an automated acceptance testing framework
- Experience with a scripting language like python or ruby
- Experience with version control and CI/CD tools like Jenkins or CodeShip
- Experience testing data in semi-structured formats such as JSON and XML.
- Experience assessing scalability, performance or security
- Intuition, curiosity and attention to detail
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium, 75% of your dependents and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits