Infutor is the expert in Consumer Identity Management. We are 100% focused on enabling brands to know everything they need to about consumers, to instantly make informed marketing and risk decisions.
Infutor's experience linking trusted data sources result in solutions that identifies, verifies and scores inbound consumers, on-demand, with as little as a single identifier, and links customer data identifiers to enhance attributes. Infutor gives brands a secure, privacy compliant foundation to improve inbound engagements and outbound marketing reach, and to minimize fraud and collections risk.
Infutor is looking for an inquisitive, technically adept Cloud Data Engineer that loves investigating, manipulating, and finding value in our data. Looking for someone that is eager to get the job done, intellectually honest (not dogmatic), humble and enjoys brainstorming new ideas with the team. Intellectual curiosity and problem solving mentality is a must.
This position may require travel between our Oakbrook Terrace and Chicago Loop locations as required.
This person hired to this role may be based out of our Oakbrook Terrace, IL HQ or new Chicago Loop Office.
Note, relocation is not provided. Please apply only to your preferred location.
Sponsorship is not provided; candidate must be able to authorized to work in the US for any employer, without expectation of current or future sponsorship.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Data Cloud Engineer you will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data lake and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for our data engineering team. The Data Cloud Engineer will support our developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even designing our company's data architecture to support our next generation of data and analytics initiatives.
As a Data Engineer, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with data architect to maintain data processing and storage systems in AWS, S3, AWS Aurora and Snowflake
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture using Glue, Qubole and Airflow
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements using structured and semi-structured data sets.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS 'big data' technologies.
- Keep our data separated and secure across multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role.
- Preferred: Bachelor or Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field - or commensurate experience
- Experience using the following software/tools:
- Intermediate development experience with one or more of the following: Java, Python and/or Scala
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases; strong knowledge of database systems in general (Foreign keys, indexes, basic DBA tasks)
- Experience with big data tools: Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Python; EMR/Spark, AWS Lambda is a plus.
- Working knowledge of a scripting language: AWS Glue, Qubole and/or Airflow
- Familiarity with a Linux/Unix environment
- Familiarity with DevOps (Jenkins, AWS CloudFormation)
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools is a plus
- Experience with stream-processing systems is a plus
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and do analyst work for the purposes of data exploration and assessment.
- Demonstrated experience in measuring and handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Communication, collaboration and project management skills with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience.
- Creativity, flexibility, and an entrepreneurial mindset to the solution of business issues; sound business judgment.
- The ability to meet and exceed deadlines through a demonstrated sense of urgency.
- Clear and concise ability to communicate complex concepts in English.
- Working knowledge of Spanish is a plus to effectively communicating with our Costa Rica Development Team
Competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience.
Benefits and Perks
- Ownership-Performance Unit Grants
- Peer Recognition Awards
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- 401k with Company Match
- Free Access to Office Health Club (Oakbrook & Chicago employees); Discounted gym memberships through BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois
- Medical & Prescription Drug Insurance (monthly premiums 100% paid for employee only coverage!)
- Dental Insurance (monthly premiums 100% paid for employee only coverage!)
- Vision Insurance (monthly premiums 100% paid for employee only coverage!)
- Provided at No Cost to Employees: Group Term Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, and Accidental Death & Personal Loss Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health Care, Dependent Care, and Commuter Benefits
- Identity Protection Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance & Group Universal Life Insurance
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Paid Time Off for Vacation, Illness, & Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Corporate-sponsored Activities & Events Year Round