We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our platform team working on petabyte-scale research informatics cyberinfrastructure within a team of engineers and scientists. You will join a community of government, academic, and industry professionals dedicated to advancing biomedical research through data commons, analytic tools, and data ecosystems .
Our work lies at the intersection of cutting edge research and production systems, both in terms of the advanced bioinformatics and the computer science principles being utilized. The data commons we are building offer some of the world's largest collections of biomedical data for scientific research and discovery.
1) Production Support – Triage, research, communicate, address production incidents.
2) Production Monitoring - Wrangle disparate system monitoring assets and develop common analytics to inform optimization, define benchmarks and confidence intervals, and forecast to proactively mitigate production incidents.
3) CI/CD Design & Implementation - Design, implement, and maintain a build and deployment automation solution to enable CI/CD for hybrid cloud architecture (on-prem and public cloud).
4) Security Automation – assist with the automation of our security and compliance procedures.
5) Stay abreast of broad technical knowledge of existing and emerging technologies, including public cloud offerings from Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud.