Near Washington, DC
Created 1mo ago
Global fintech agency is hiring an experienced SQL DBA and BI analyst to design, development, implement and manage databases for web applications in AWS environments.
Innate, Inc. is building and expanding the capabilities of its custom platform for insurance sales. Our technology environment is 100% cloud-based, runs at scale and sells insurance directly to customers all over the world. This is an amazing opportunity to manage and scale the database environment to meet new challenges and maintain market dominance.
This is a full-time position located in our DC office.
Note: this is NOT an Oracle position.
- Support the operational environments' database systems across SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MongoDB Atlas.
- Deploy to AWS RDS and AWS Aurora.
- Provide data stewardship to manage data flows and storage along with access controls management in an ISO 27001, SOC 1&2, and PCI-DSS environment.
- Assist with database-related compliance activities and data calls.
- Manage lifecycle support of database systems by applying patches, upgrades, and routine database maintenance in an automated fashion.
- Plan and execute database migrations as needed.
- Monitor and improve performance; diagnose and resolve database-related problems.
- Design and manage backup and recovery processes and continuity of operations plan.
- SQL Server and SSRS required
- AWS RDS and AWS Aurora experience
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of database design, management, and maintenance
- 5 years of database administration experience working on complex web-based applications
- Experience with replication and clustering strategies for high-trafficked systems
- Production experience with performance tuning queries and stored procedures
- Experience with large scale data sets in a high-performance environment
- Familiarity with a database deployment and version management tools
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment across multiple teams
Business intelligence (BI) duties include the transformation of raw data into meaningful and useful information for business analysis purposes. Must be capable of handling large amounts of unstructured data to help identify, develop and otherwise create and allow for the easy interpretation of these large volumes of data. Identifying new opportunities and implementing an effective strategy based on insights can assist the customer/client with policy, planning, and informed decision making.
- Multidimensional aggregation and allocation; de-normalization, tagging and standardization
- Key performance indicators optimization; version control and process management
- Providing historical, current and predictive views of business operations
- Reporting, online analytical processing, analytics, data mining, process mining
- complex event processing, business performance management, benchmarking
- text mining, machine learning/predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics