Near Washington, DC
Created 1mo ago
Global digital development firm seeks a strong Senior .NET Developer to join our back-end team to build a new set of rich applications and tools to configure, update and manage our cloud-based environment. We run exclusively on AWS and need a senior developer to design, build and deliver applications to be used on browsers, phones and tablets. This is a great opportunity to work on a new series of greenfield applications in a fast-paced, start-up like environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and develop well structured, efficient code following industry best practices in a casual, flexible environment.
- Document development processes and code, store documentation in central repository and ensure that it’s maintained and kept up to date
- Communicate with internal business customers, back-end teams, administrators and designers to build, debug, and test application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness.
- Integrate with existing first- and third-party APIs, and build your own APIs using C#.NET
- Collaborate with the Product Manager to prioritize and implement new features.
- Iterate on your application to continuously build new features and functionality.
- Build your skill set in a collaborative, team-focused environment.
We’re Looking for:
- Creativity and demonstrated success building applications and delivering them to a production environment.
- Experience working with cross functional teams including designers, software engineers, project managers, marketers and key stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, creative thinking, systems design, strategic orientation, project management, and presentation skills.
- A passion for creating a high-quality user experience.
Ideal Candidates Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of development experience focused on web applications in .NET (C#)
- 7+ years’ experience working with database systems including, SQL Server and MongoDB.
- 3+ years’ experience working in an Agile development environment
- 3+ years’ experience working with REST Service APIs
- 2+ years’ experience working with Git or BitBucket source code management systems
- 2+ years’ experience working with source code branching, merging and automating code releases utilizing CI/CD tools
- 1+ years’ experience working with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, TeamCity or equivalent
- Demonstrated talent for building rich and reactive user interfaces using JS, jQuery, HTML, CSS, AJAX and any modern UI framework such as Angular, React etc.
- Cloud development experience on any major cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP or equivalent)
- Experience working in a heterogenous technical environment consisting of Windows and Linux platforms
- Solid understanding of object-oriented principles
- Experience designing and deploying web hosting environments