Near Glendale Heights, IL
Created 3w ago
OSM Worldwide is a leading provider of domestic and international package shipping services that reach millions of addresses nationwide and around the globe.
We have some very exciting software projects in front of us and we're looking for talented people to meet the exciting technical challenges we face. If you're an intelligent and highly ambitious entrepreneur, we want to talk to you!
The Senior Software Developer is responsible for developing, updating and supporting all of the programs that run OSM. This individual supports the programs by developing, updating, troubleshooting, debugging, documenting and resolving any technical issues that arise.
- Design, code, document and test programs following specifications and using appropriate tools.
- Define application problems/issues by conferring with users in the organization and evaluating procedures and processes.
- Maintain and modify existing applications in all OSM areas of operation including processing, production and accounting.
- Perform maintenance programming for existing versions, including troubleshooting, debugging and repairing any issues in programs.
- Create new programs at users' requests as necessary.
- Provide reference by clearly documenting during writing, designing and testing of code.
- Document descriptions of interface including how interface will operate; its function and probable outcomes.
- Provide user support on a continuing basis.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with a technical major such as engineering or computer science.
- 3-5 years of experience in software development with a solid understanding of databases.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to other staff members.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio 2015, Visual SVN Configuration Management Server, Microsoft TFS, Microsoft SQL Server management Studio 2012, and Agile software development
- Knowledge of computer languages and programs including SQL, C Sharp.