Near Chicago, IL
Created 3w ago
BlueBolt is seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager in Chicago, IL, to manage the delivery of custom ecommerce, CMS, and Website solution integration projects.
Skills & Requirements
Responsibilities of the Technical Project Manager:
- The ideal candidate may be a mid-senior level application developer hoping to make a lateral move to managing client project work.
- Able to manage multiple website development projects concurrently, most with custom requirements and differing timelines.
- Build out project plans using Team Foundation Server [TFS], and appropriate estimates provided by Senior-Level developers.
- Manage projects to a defined scope and escalate scope issues immediately.
- Identify and escalate project risks, both before and during the projects.
- Monitor and communicate project status to business and customer sponsors.
- Provide guidance to the business on Project Management best practices, and constantly improve project delivery processes.
- Coordinate testing operations in conjunction with ongoing project development tasks.
- Capable of directing efforts for developers or testing professionals to create product and/or project documentation.
- Able to take direction from an Operations Manager, and act as a good change agent for process improvements.
- Superior communication skills required, both oral and written. There is nothing more important for a successful candidate to possess than the ability to communicate strongly with all clients, partners, team members, and internal management.
- Strong technical skills, and able to understand any level of developer dialogue. Once understood, able to communicate those specifics to others, including clients.
- Experience managing multiple web development and custom application projects.
- Outstanding reporting experience, and ability to manage project budgets.
- Familiar with Scrum and Agile Development methodologies, and other project management and development methods.
- Experience with .NET, Shopify, Ecommerce applications, Content Management Systems, Team Foundation Server, and enterprise development best practices.
- Has a strong understanding of web services, and how system integration efforts proceed and are managed.
- PMP and PSM certifications may be desirable, but not required.
- Agency Experience will be highly valued, especially working with Ecommerce projects.
- Education: Desirable, but not required to have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar.
- Personality: Easy-going, yet objective demeanor. Able to carry out strong, stern messages to all project participants, including clients.