Do you want to be part of the Alexa product and help making Alexa smarter? Are you passionate about helping other entrepreneurs at innovative corporations take new ideas to market? Do you believe that complex tasks can be achieved in an intuitive way?
Why should you join the Alexa team? Here are a few reasons:
· We ship software frequently, get fast feedback from real customers around the globe, and see the results of our work come to fruition.
· There are real-world problems to solve that you wont find ready-made answers for. For example, how do you process massive data in the least time possible. How can you improve Alexa to to answer more questions?
· We are a small, tightly-knit team that is defining the future of Alexa.
· We look for ways to make the our service configurable, maintainable and visible as easy, intuitive and time efficient as possible.
· Design & Write code: · Write code primarily in Scala and Java and design scalable, fault tolerant and distributed applications running on linux environments.
· Test, test, test: Our software engineers don't just write code, they also test the heck out of it. You will write unit tests, integration tests and regression tests and find ways to automate them.
· Troubleshoot and fix operational problems: You will work with systems engineers to troubleshoot operational problems and fix them. If you are so inclined, you will also automate troubleshooting procedures and write tools. And when the issues concern specific customers, you will also have the opportunity to talk to them and understand their space better.
· Influence product direction: You will propose your ideas for the future of the space to product management, and get to shape the roadmap.
· Hire and mentor others: You will get to interview people for the team, and to mentor other engineers
If this sounds great and you think you have the chops, wed love to have you on board. Alexa is changing the world and specifically the human machine interaction. This is a great opportunity to be a part of this exciting business.