Near Menlo Park, CA
Created 1w ago
Lentil AI is a startup spun out of Stanford Research Institute (SRI). Previous SRI companies include Siri, Nuance, Intuitive Surgical amongst others.
Lentil is at the intersection of communications and meeting productivity -- we are solving connectedness and presence for distributed teams. Lentil applies natural language and deep learning amongst other technologies to Voice, WebRTC and more.
We are venture backed and recently closed a sizable Seed round from reputable investors. You'll be joining a team of 9 meaning you are effectively part of Day 0 and definitely pre-launch!
Our team is comprised of mostly former entrepreneurs. Our CEO previously sold Tempo AI to Salesforce. Our Architect sold ImageChef to Cyberlink. We work alongside SRI researchers which includes many of the brightest minds in the areas of voice and machine learning.
We are seeking a Senior/Lead Designer to join our team, someone who has built and launched consumer apps and can take our current experience and bring it to the next level. You will be one other on the design team and will be working on all things UX from user research, usability testing, interaction and visual design.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Apply strategic thinking to lead design effort on core Lentil product, and deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences that balance user needs, business goals, and tech capability
- Defining vision and strategy for the future of distributed teams
- Driving new and existing user research to guide the vision and the strategy.
- Working with other leaders of other functions (Engineering and PM) to ensure that teams are collaborating effectively to execute
- Bringing an exceptional ability in product, interaction, and visual design to bear on the work that we produce
- Create user interface design, architecture and functionality according to usability best practices, standards-compliant design and most importantly, user-testing
- Responsible for seeing the idea from the promise to post-ship iteration
- Contribute to the development of the creative team's culture and quality standards
- Helping other designers grow by serving as an example, guiding their work directly on projects that you are involved in, and mentoring as they grow and improve
- Building a world-class design team by identifying ways in which we should evolve and improve our team. Initiating and driving specific Design Ops initiatives.
Some skills that are relevant:
- Bachelor's degree in Design related field or experience
- 4+ years experience shipping immersive and compelling experiences, preferably used by end consumers
- Exceptional skills in the craft and execution of product design and visual design work, from high level strategic direction down to UI design details. A highly-attuned product sensibility.
- Knowledge of design thinking and human centered design. Comfort with research and finding user needs.
- Experience working on broad, sophisticated design projects in a fast-growing small startup environment.
- Strong systems and conceptual thinker, ability to understand complex systems.
- Ability to communicate (written and verbally) with precision, clarity, honesty, and respect.
- Ability to effect change. There are many things that we still need to evolve and improve about how we work and our process, and this role will be a key part in driving that change.
- Mastery of design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and Invision
- An online portfolio demonstrating your strong craft and collaborative process
Happy to share more information!
[No recruiters please]