Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
We are looking for an exceptional Director, Software Dev & Engineering to work as part of a cross-functional development team to create enterprise applications, services, telemetry, and tools that will be used to manage Comcast network that in turn will help revolutionize the way communication is experienced by millions of Comcast customers and create cool technologies at the same time.
• Design, develop, test, debug and document new and existing software and or applications for real-times communication services.
• Manage large teams of software developers, product managers, and project managers.
• Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and business requirements
• Evaluate new and emerging technologies for implementation.
• Create platform and other application prototypes quickly.
• Contribute to and respond to peer code reviews as needed
• Write code to create robust and scalable applications.
• Strong technical expertise and troubleshooting skills for large scale enterprise systems and software.
• Conceptual, logical and physical data modeling with data modeling tools and database design in complex, large-scale data environments.
- Bachelor's Degree-Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 10+ years related experience
• Strong Java programming background (10+ years);
• Experience managing large teams of software developers, product managers, and project managers.
• Experience developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Proficient in OO concepts and patterns
• Experience in Client/Server architecture, Servlets and Web Services based on J2EE architecture
• Application performance tuning
• Web Services-Restful/JSON
• Comfortable with operating systems like LINUX/UNIX
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and able to work as part of cross-functional teams.
• Ability to identify / resolve system bottlenecks
• Understanding concepts of multi-threading, cache, memory management, Java Virtual Machine
• TCP/IP and networking technologies and protocols
• Understand of network devices, switches and routers a plus.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills and with Agile Software Development Life Cycle
• Self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team player and exhibits exceptional relationship management skills.
• Passionate about building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer