Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast’s Digital Home organization is seeking a Principal Software Developer to join our Engineering team. This group is responsible for ensuring the timely development, testing, and release of the Digital Home platform, middleware and mobile applications with a high degree of quality that exceeds customer expectations.
In this role, you will lead and collaborate with other developers, designers, testers, tech-operators and business managers to develop features for the Xfinity Digital Home applications. The primary responsibilities will include developing client interfaces and middleware for the Xfinity Digital Home platform. You must be able to pick up new languages and technologies quickly, be a strong team player, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate will have experience building and testing both APIs and either web or mobile client applications. Job duties include a balance between development and fast-paced critical thinking, communication, troubleshooting and problem solving.
As a Principal Engineer, you’ll be working on designing and building Recommendation and Commerce platforms which will be used to support account management, upsell digital home products and programs and provide an integrated buying experience in the app.
- 8+ years of experience in building scalable, highly available and resilient middleware services in Java based frameworks like Spring boot and microservices.
- Must have experience in automated deployments, automated rollbacks, A/B testing and live traffic shaping.
- Must be experience working with authentication and authorization frameworks like Websec.
- Must have experience in building and maintaining Infrastructure as a code in terraform.
- Must have experience of AWS Technologies like DynamoDB, Lambda, SQS, SNS, S3, Elastic Beanstalks etc.
- Must have experience of AWS Networking technologies like VPC, Internet Gateways, Security Groups, NAT Gateway, Subnets, Route53 etc.
- Must have experience building code deployment automation, Application Performance Management tools, integration testing frameworks and Monitoring platforms.
- Must have good presentation and communication skills
- Must be able to lead multiple projects at the same time and act as an technical architect
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- AWS Solution Architect Certification is a plus
- Knowledge of Hypermedia Application Language (HAL) web services
- Knowledge of source control systems (GitHubEnterprise)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment tools (Jenkins, AntHillPro)
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Digital Home Engineers are passionate about teamwork, developing our skills, and creating awesome experiences for customers. We are fortunate to do what we love, every day. Join us!
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Computer Science, Engineering
- Generally requires 11+ years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer