Near Madison, WI
Our partner is seeking a Senior Android Developer, based in Madison, Wisconsin! In this year-long contract role, you will build mobile software applications as well as maintain and enhance existing ones! You will apply the principles of software engineering to the design, development, maintenance, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems work to the specified requirements!
W2 only, no C2C, must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship (both now and in the future)
What You’ll Do:
- Build mobile software applications as well as maintain and enhance existing ones
- Develop and maintain applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices
- Focus on development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services
- Work along-side other developers and engineers working on different layers of the infrastructure
- Analyze, develop and maintain applications in a dynamic environment
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Exhibit a high degree of initiative in learning new technologies and methods to resolve challenges encountered during the development life cycle
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of professional experience developing commercial Android apps.
- Strong Experience using Java and Kotlin with Android Studio.
- Expertise in use of MVC, MVVM patterns and other design patterns
- Expertise in use of the Android SDK
- Experience using third party libraries such as Volley and GSON
- Experience with multi-threading, memory management and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices.
- Experience analyzing and improving run-time efficiency and memory footprint
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Experience with Junit and Espresso testing.
- Experience with Android Support Libraries and Material Design Principles.
- Created customer facing commercial apps and deployed to play store.
- Experience in developing app for phones and tablets.
- Knowledge of REST and SOAP web services and experience with
- working with other API’s.
- Experience with application development with strong dependency of back-end data.
- Experience with the Serializable interface.
- Ability to work successfully in a team, and collaborate with teammates effectively
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices
- A strong technical background and experience
- Strong collaboration skills
- Understanding and appreciation for Agile development methodologies.
- Self-sufficient attitude
- Strong desire to learn current systems and demonstrated full life-cycle experience